It's almost time

nick k

Reaction score
I think it might have finally stopped snowing around here, and it looks like warm temperatures (45 degrees) are on their way this weekend. Its about time I got all my stuff together and started preparing for a day on the water.

I grabbed all my flies from my cubicle wall at work (I had them decorating my space to make the winter pass a little easier) and have them all tucked away and organized. All I need now is some sunshine and a patch of water that isn't ice. It's almost time....

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Nick: Very nice selection of flies! We haven't been getting much snow out here in Wyoming so we are still hoping for some really monster spring storms either snow or rain would do.

nick k

Reaction score
Nick: Very nice selection of flies! We haven't been getting much snow out here in Wyoming so we are still hoping for some really monster spring storms either snow or rain would do.
Thanks. Every one tied myself. I think if we split all the snow and rain we got around here then we would both be better off.

kingofamberley

Reaction score
Here's my box of flies that I tied this winter. Its only buggers and clousers, but I have a lot of variety in clousers! I think next I will tie some sort of top water flies. I also just got a TFO Professional 6 wt on sale at the Bass Pro spring classic. I can't wait for spring!

nick k

Reaction score
Here's my box of flies that I tied this winter. Its only buggers and clousers, but I have a lot of variety in clousers! I think next I will tie some sort of top water flies. I also just got a TFO Professional 6 wt on sale at the Bass Pro spring classic. I can't wait for spring!
Nice selection. Good looking clousers.

streamwalker

Reaction score
welp it is time here!! heading out tomorrow morning on the kayak to try and land some sun fish and maybe a few bass.. in the mean time im trying to remember where i placed one of my fly boxes!! i have one with small poppers and grass hoppers and water spiders but i cant find the box with my buggers and clousers! im really hoping i left it in the truck and i will find it in the morning on the way out! if not then i guess i will be throwing top water stuff all day :confused:

nick k

Reaction score
Went out today to scout out some local ponds (recently moved). Threw a line in the water for a few minutes but didn't get or see any action.

bugslinger

Reaction score
I'ts starting to smell like spring , the Robins are starting to use the suet feeders, Starlings are coming back ... won't be long until the muddy season. Tried a DHALO stretch yesterday, saw several Mink, A fox and a Racoon , no fish.. Nice box Nick.

streamwalker

Reaction score
Just got off the water..I kayaked up a old stream that flows into a good sized pond.threw a few different flies but only hooked one fish on a black bugger fish came right off the hook so I didn't even get to see it..but had to get off the water to go pick up the girlfriend.

Tomorrow is suppose to be in the high 50s so hopefully I will have some better luck tomorrow!

dakotakid

Reaction score
Stream walker, I'm jealous. Still have plenty of ice here. Went out for two hours and limited out on gills, but ice fishing is losing its appeal as it always does this time of year. Took the small gills to donate to an animal shelter that nurses raptors (hawks, eagles, owls) back to health and releases them. Any gill over eight inches gets put back in the hopes I can catch it on the fly later this year.

streamwalker

Reaction score
Well Dakota there was a little ice in the river this morning but nothing like what u have up there! Haha I'm just ready for some 70 degree days so I can snatch up as many sun fish as I want until I get tired of them! Lol.

Also I'm ready to hop back in the trout streams!