Bronzeback trip made!

bmbailes

Reaction score
well i had some fish trip points to cash in today.... my wife was out of town all last week( for fun) and i had to fend off the 2 kiddos all week:) so i took the morning off work and headed to a local creek with my new TFO PRO II 6wt., Allen Trout 2 reel, and new RIO smallmouth line. i was excited to be pursuing my favorite fish with new gear. first few pools i had a few dinks but then on the next deep pool i hooked a MONSTER! she jumped one time and i watched my clouser go flying in the air!! i was so devestated, my buddy just looked at me in shock. i told him i gotta stay here and fish awhile longer....within the next 4 cast i hooked up again! this fish jumped and jumped and really worked the drag. i finally landed her, got a few pics, and released her unharmed. i stopped fishing after that...it couldnt get any better:)

caseywise

Reaction score
looks like you had a great outing!
nice spring smallie as well:D
still snow and ice here, but it looks like
were gettin close:confused:

casey

dakotakid

Reaction score
Excellent!

Any thoughts on why you lost the monster (too low weight tippet, poor knot, etc.)? What type leader and tippet were you using?

ted4887

Reaction score
Color me jealous. That's a nice fish! The fact you don't have a glove, hat, and heavy winter jacket makes me even more jealous.

Dang! That's a nice fish. I'm jealous. I am a long way away from doing that. Stll have three feet of ice on the river and cold enough we are still building ice. This is going to be a late Spring here.

We're in the same boat down here. Forecast highs in the mid-upper 20's through next week, along with a snowstorm on Monday. I've decided spring has thought it best to just skip over Minnesota. :icon_cry:

fichy

Reaction score
Awesome, about a month for me. Thanks for sharing those pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I've decided spring has thought it best to just skip over Minnesota. :icon_cry:
You must be down in Minnesota's Banana belt. :D We got up to a whole whopping 13 or 14 today and it's right at zero right now. I am sure we will get below zero before morning. :cool:

I forgot to mention it bmbailes, but that is a really well marked fish you have there. Pretty one. :thmbup:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, very nice fish, congrats!

I'm jealous, like Dan, everything is still pretty solid around here, it's getting warmer so hopefully it won't be much longer.

kingofamberley

Reaction score
Great fish brother! We are starting to have some spring-like weather here, but there has been much rain, and there is more rain and some snow in the forecast. Soon...

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Man, I love Smallies! Beautiful bronze bmbailes! :worthy:

Thanks for posting the pics! :thumbsupu

It's starting to look like spring weather here in MD. Some of the flowers in my yard are peeking through the soil! :smile:

theboz

Reaction score
Man, I love Smallies! Beautiful bronze bmbailes! :worthy:

Thanks for posting the pics! :thumbsupu

It's starting to look like spring weather here in MD. Some of the flowers in my yard are peeking through the soil! :smile:
Glad to hear it ! Didn't look like it Monday when I waded through 8 inches of white stuff to get to the Upper Potomac!

bmbailes

Reaction score
i dont know how you guys deal with all that snow! i would be stir crazy by now!!

i managed to get out after church while the wife and kiddos napped. had a lil irish luck:)

dakotakid

Reaction score
You're photos are killing me bmbailes! I'm jealous, but keep them coming. I went fishing for two hours this morning, but had to drill through 5" of ice.