Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Some Fish & Scenery

Thanks everybody.

shimloom - this trip I took the 5wt and the 8wt. The #5 is a TFO Pro II and the #8 is the BVK. The bigger fish usually come on the #5 it seems.

dpreller - get one, I love fishing from the kayak. I've been paddling since I was a kid, and learned to fly fish out of one so it just seems natural. And you don't need to spend a ton of money on one, mine (Pelican sot) is inexpensive and has seen thousands of river miles and lots of fish.

chuck s - I'm heading to the coast next month for my first saltwater fly fishing trip, looking forward to it. Bet there is a temperature between here and Wyoming this time of year.

Hey Roofish - I generally don't mention the name of the river, with internet tags and Bots and all. I've found quite a few of my report pictures on Google and Yahoo Images when I did.
    "I don't go to the river to fish, but I do quite a bit of it while I'm there." - Riverbilly

Sorry about that, won't happen again

Rudy
    Roofish

what do you do with your rod when your paddling? I usually put mine between my legs but it doesn't seem very secure. just wondering if you had a rod holder or something of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by drc View Post
    what do you do with your rod when your paddling? I usually put mine between my legs but it doesn't seem very secure. just wondering if you had a rod holder or something of that nature.
    I do that too, the reel sits in the molded in cup holder between my legs and the rod rest on some sticky back rubber stuff, you can kind of see it in the first photo. Now with the windy season starting I need rig a way that it doesn't fall off the rubber.
    I haven't found a good way to rig a rod holder.

I take two rods with me and I stick the other one pointing out the back and there is a little spot beside the seat that the reel sits in tight.
    "I don't go to the river to fish, but I do quite a bit of it while I'm there." - Riverbilly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12