Bluegills with a Float Tube

rickf

Reaction score
I'm lovin' this Scadden Outlaw Escape. I fish in a clean, almost no pollution lake with my 3wt and floating line.

I must have caught near 100 Bluegills and a few other species today. Beautiful weather, 80, and light wind.

I've been wet wading (no chest waders, just a bathing suit, tee shirt and sneakers inside flip fins) I caught on top water poppers, unweighted streamers, and the best tungsten bead micro buggers.

I release all the fish!

PS - I would give Dave Scadden a kiss if I was that sort of guy (not that there is anything wrong with that!) My old float tube would leak a little, I had to refill a bit before each trip, but this pontoon doesn't loose any air at all! It is really well built.

Tight Lines,

flyfishmich

Reaction score
nice fishing. Id love one of those Scadden boats. I use a float tube for larg mouth in a bath tub sized lake with great weed coverage. My buddy and I caught 50 in 3 hours. Great fun in a tube

nick k

Reaction score
Very nice. I have a Fish Cat 4 tube and a Superfine Touch 2wt that I go after bluegill for; lots of fun.

shimloom

Reaction score
Beautiful 'gills. Love the whole tube fly rod warm water stuff. Sounds like you had a awesome day, keeps a smile on your face for awhile.

Craig

bks

Reaction score
Awesome, I have always wanted to try the float tube, except for the big snakes in the lakes I fish.