Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: A Good Fly Line Rec. for Warm Water Gills(Bream)

Quote Originally Posted by Spysmasher View Post
    Getting re-started fly fishing here in Lake County Fl. Looking for a Good floating line for lake gills at a modest price. Would pay more for a line that didn't need maintenance. I probably don't need the pricey but really great Cortland 555 High Float. Suggestions appreciated.
    I was in our local Wal-Mart last year and saw some light SA floating lines for $10.79. I was hesitant and figured, "What the heck?" So, I bought a 4-weight and 3-weight. I've used them a year and they still work and cast just fine.
    Steve
    www.kayakfishingsarasota.com
    "The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle

Default Re: A Good Fly Line Rec. for Warm Water Gills(Bream)

Quote Originally Posted by Spysmasher View Post
    Thanks for the info, It appears fly lines have improved considerably since the old days when I had to apply dressing every time out. Thanks again!
    Hi Spysmasher,

It is true that lines are much better today and float better than ever. You do need to keep your line clean and they do require a little attention. Since you are fishing pan fish you may be in water with moss and other such stuff that could affect you fly line. If it seems like it is not floating well after some use a cleaning may be in order. It also helps if you make sure the end of your fly line is sealed if it doesn't have a built-in loop.

Frank

3. Default Re: A Good Fly Line Rec. for Warm Water Gills(Bream)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Hi Spysmasher,
    It also helps if you make sure the end of your fly line is sealed if it doesn't have a built-in loop.

Frank
    Frank,

Great tip. More important than many realize.

Joe
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12