Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Good 9wt rods

Default Re: Good 9wt rods

9wt would cover bass, salmon, pike, but may be a little undergunned for the big nasty flies musky prefer

2. Default Re: Good 9wt rods

Quote Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
    i would go no lower than a 9wt. line. the scientific angler titan taper or rio outbound short will cast anything you have for bass! i own both lines and love them!!!
    I just bought a Sage RPLXi 9wt. Ive read some great things about it and i cant wait. I was just about to ask what line i should get. Of the two you mentioned, what do you prefer?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

Default Re: Good 9wt rods

i prefer the S.A. titan taper...its shoots very well and powers thru the wind like nothing i've ever seen.

4. Default Re: Good 9wt rods

Quote Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
    i would go no lower than a 9wt. line. the scientific angler titan taper or rio outbound short will cast anything you have for bass! i own both lines and love them!!!
    I've been considering that Rio Outbound Short on my 9wt that I use for pike. Do you think it would handle the larger pike flies? I used to use alot of natural fibers on my flies but I've gone synthetic of late. Just much easier to cast.

5. Default Re: Good 9wt rods

Quote Originally Posted by justin1 View Post
    I've been considering that Rio Outbound Short on my 9wt that I use for pike. Do you think it would handle the larger pike flies? I used to use alot of natural fibers on my flies but I've gone synthetic of late. Just much easier to cast.
    I just bought the freshwater outbound short to save some money. And the colors were better suited for fishing around here. The bass around here are pretty smart.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345