Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your one fish

Default Re: What is your one fish

Smallmouths in freshwater.
    Striped Bass in salt.

These have been my 2 favorites for a long time!
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

A month ago this would have been a difficult decision. But one trip down south changed all that.

Bonefish.

Mike

LOL...I think my answer is a real cop-out, but it is truthful. If the water is cold and clear, all that fish needs is a tail and I will be on him like a tick on a fat dogs butt.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

4. Likes jeepster II liked this post
    Blog Entries

peacock bass topwater.

ARFE

Bream!

Mike

7. Likes biggie_robs, N/A liked this post

Redfish, I only caught a few on a fly rod and it was an experience I won't forget

It has to be the Brownie. You have to be good to outwit these fellas
    Eddie
    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

10. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

Wow...what ridiculously hard question but after a bit of thought, I am going with reds.

While the fish is fun once it's hooked, it's everything else that fishing for reds entails. Flats, flat boats, visually spotting a target, long casts to a small window, and quite often a visual take. On top of that, let's not forget the amazing variety of coastal wildlife one typically sees while fishing for them.

I am sure bonefish might be similar but I've never fished for them so I can't say for sure.
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

Gotta say trout. Flyfishing culture is built around them and it means trip to really neat places. I love bluegills, though. They are bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
    Wow...what ridiculously hard question but after a bit of thought, I am going with reds.

While the fish is fun once it's hooked, it's everything else that fishing for reds entails. Flats, flat boats, visually spotting a target, long casts to a small window, and quite often a visual take. On top of that, let's not forget the amazing variety of coastal wildlife one typically sees while fishing for them.

I am sure bonefish might be similar but I've never fished for them so I can't say for sure.
    Bones are all that, for sure. And, like you, it's the sight fishing that makes the game for me. I was in my element wading the flats, stalking. Very visual. And it doesn't hurt that each hookup is a trip (or two, or three) deep into the backing.

Reds come as close as anything, though I admit to not yet chasing carp. I suspect wading for the golden bones in Michigan's U.P. might be fun. But, think about it. Michigan or the Bahamas? You decide.

Mike

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast