Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Korean carp?

Default Re: Korean carp?

I did a bit of searching and found grass carp flies so I gave them a try and came up with a few color combinations. If you want a dozen PM me your APO and I can mail them off to you (I'm assuming I can mail marabou).

- William

williamhj--Some of those green grass carp flies look very similar to the green weed luderick flies that I mentioned a post or so back. I didn't tie them but bought them from an OZ fly shop. I think they are made from something called Ice Dubbing.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Suppose you could send us a close up pic of the stuff your carp are eating along with a size reference? If it is something I can duplicate or at least close I could also send you a few to see if they will work.

4. Default Re: Korean carp?

That's a good excuse to break out the old DSLR camera! Oo... Perhaps even the underwater camera! I'll see what I can do if I get a chance to hit the river again this week

You guys are great! Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by oz angler View Post
    williamhj--Some of those green grass carp flies look very similar to the green weed luderick flies that I mentioned a post or so back. I didn't tie them but bought them from an OZ fly shop. I think they are made from something called Ice Dubbing.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    I'll have to try some ice dubbing. I just used chenille and marabou. Been thinking of some other materials to play around with. I look forward to hearing how they fish in Korea.
    - William

6. Default Re: Korean carp?

I had a go at those carp again tonight... Using bushy streamers to imitate a variety of things and even a pile of junk I suppose! Also tried some white/green/brown floating misc flies

Nothing! Possibly a couple missed bites, but more likely tapping bottom

First time using my crosswater 8# and I love it! Casting 60' with ease and even poor hauling technique lol

Had another carp session today. Carp were feeding on the bottom as well as on the surface. I chucked a combination of booby flies, woolley buggers and weighted nymphs. They just laughed at me! Trout--easy! Well, not as hard. It's frustrating pitching flies in front of obviously feeding carp and having them totally ignore them. Maybe I need a vibrating fly in the muddy waters?
    Cheers,
    Steve.

8. Default Re: Korean carp?

Same thing here... Wish I could narrow it down to one thing preventing them from taking a fly! @,@

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

However!! Williamhj tied and sent me some custom flies recently.... And I actually got a take on one!

But... I was too revved up and snatched it right from it's mouth lol

Next time I'm hooking into a big one

9. Likes williamhj liked this post

Look forward to hearing you landed one!
    - William

Watch them closely you need to see the strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast