Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default couple small smallies

went out today and caught 5 smallies. nothing of size. all on a chartruse and white clouser. even caught a bluegill too. no pix of the gill or 1 of the smallies cause he slipped out of my hand and into the water. also got 2 new butterfly species pics I posted in the general section in my butterfly thread.
    oh I almost forgot to mention!! When I was out I also saw some sunbathers on the stream. one guy and few girls laying out in the sun and 2 other girls were at the waters edge. 1 had on a black bikini and the other one had on a white bikini but as I got closer I noticed that it wasn't a white bikini top she had on but no top at all!!! they noticed me after if was way to late as I am all camo'd up but once they noticed they still stood there like it was nothing. It was great.. gotta love a great day of fishing.. haha.

[COLOR="Silver"]
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Default Re: couple small smallies

///SNIP///
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
    oh I almost forgot to mention!! When I was out I also saw some sunbathers on the stream.......but as I got closer I noticed that it wasn't a white bikini top she had on but no top at all!!!

...And you are showing pics of the fish? C'mon man...... we all like pics of the scenery and surroundings as well as fish pics.

Nice report-- be sure to go back.

3. Default Re: couple small smallies

looks like a nice day on the water..

MacFly

4. Default Re: couple small smallies

Quote Originally Posted by raindogt View Post
    ///SNIP///

...And you are showing pics of the fish? C'mon man...... we all like pics of the scenery and surroundings as well as fish pics.

Nice report-- be sure to go back.
    you bet it was a nice day! haha! man I wish I had my camera out then! If they saw me I prolly get arrested or something tho haha! I will keep my eyes peeled next time for sure tho! after all I am all camo'd up! lmao

Nice photos, nice fish! I absolutely love smallies on the fly! Hard to beat, pound for pound.

Ian Scott
    Too many hobbies, not enough time!
    Fly Fishing
    Home Winemaking

6. Default Re: couple small smallies

Quote Originally Posted by ianhughscott View Post
    Nice photos, nice fish! I absolutely love smallies on the fly! Hard to beat, pound for pound.

Ian Scott
    ya even the small ones I catch this time of year fight and jump and chase down and destroy the clousers. fun watching them chase it down and then setting the hook when they hit it!

Love the smallmouth! I'm kind of torn between liking the looks of trout, and catching a hard fighting native smallie (trout around me are all hatchery happy meals). I caught one smallmouth this afternoon, and he really wailed my Clouser. Nothing of much size, but enough to bend the rod....

Chicks: YEAH MAN!!! I've always had this fantasy.....Ummmmm.....Never mind...LOL!!!!

8. Default Re: couple small smallies

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
    Love the smallmouth! I'm kind of torn between liking the looks of trout, and catching a hard fighting native smallie (trout around me are all hatchery happy meals). I caught one smallmouth this afternoon, and he really wailed my Clouser. Nothing of much size, but enough to bend the rod....

Chicks: YEAH MAN!!! I've always had this fantasy.....Ummmmm.....Never mind...LOL!!!!
    Fly fishing chick fantasies. let me guess in the end she manages to catch the big one.... rofl haha.... ya man this time of year the smallies just chase down and hammer the clousers. my river is always very shallow this time of year so its clear water fishing. you will even see their mud trails where they dig for crayfish. a brown/orange clouser is also good crayfish imitation or at least thats what I think they think it is?? I know it works tho! this time it was chartruese and white that was working so i never tried anything else. haha