Nice morning on a small pond

spm

Reaction score
My daughter and her husband have a small pond on their property, stocked with largemouth bass and bluegill. It hadn't been fished for a while, so I went out, this morning.

Tied on a black wooly bugger with a red tail. Second cast produced a nice little bass. Then about every second or third cast I had another bass or bluegill. I fished for about an hour and ended up with eight or ten fish landed. It was a good morning outing.

And since I was fishing from the bank for table fare and not on a stream practicing C&R, here are a couple fishy photos.

Thanks,
steve

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
That was a good day.10 fish in an hour is a perfect example of why i love farm ponds.
Those fish are beauties.I have never tried a black red tailed wooly but i can see it happening in my near future.:)

spm

Reaction score
That was a good day.10 fish in an hour is a perfect example of why i love farm ponds.
Those fish are beauties.I have never tried a black red tailed wooly but i can see it happening in my near future.:)
Yeah, farm ponds are fun.

A gentleman I met on a trout stream, probably last year, gave me the bugger. At the time, he was catching rainbows on it ...regularly. As I've said before, I tend to listen to people like that.

steve

wee hooker

Reaction score
Nice spot you have there.

While I have not (yet ) tried a red and black WB, I have learned that bass like red. In the conventional fishing world, red worms, spinnerbaits , even hooks are part of most well seasoned tackle box's.

In the fly world, red and white, red and yellow , red and black are staple colors for poppers. I've also found that a touch of red added to any fly/lure can make a considerable difference when night fishing.

spm

Reaction score
Nice spot you have there.

While I have not (yet ) tried a red and black WB, I have learned that bass like red. In the conventional fishing world, red worms, spinnerbaits , even hooks are part of most well seasoned tackle box's.

In the fly world, red and white, red and yellow , red and black are staple colors for poppers. I've also found that a touch of red added to any fly/lure can make a considerable difference when night fishing.
Back in my pre-enlightened days, when I hung around bait fishermen, they would refer to the red tail on a plastic worm as a "Fire tail".

steve

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

While I'm here, is this program for pictures working properly? I can't tell when I post them. Do you have to wait for them to download?

Thanks,
steve