Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travel rod bass

Default travel rod bass

I keep my 4 weight ovris frequent flyer rod in my side bag on my harley. On one trip I was on the causeway on lake mattamuskeet and stopped at one of the many canals. I caught and released a bunch of bass that day, all without seeing another person or even a single car go by. There are places like that in the south east but you have to look for them. This picture is from this year fishing a small pond at a wildlife club. My travel rod is a 4 weight 7 piece and it's as good a rod as I have ever owned. But the main thing, it fits in the side bag of my bike.
    Last edited by eldermike; 09-11-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: picture URL wrong

Blog Entries

Default Re: travel rod bass

Pics not working.....

It's great that you have a rod that you can keep with you when you get up and go. I have an old 7' unknown-name that I keep in the back for the exact same reason.
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

I am working on the picture thing, I have no idea how to get them to work.

Blog Entries

When doing your post, in the Message toolbar there is a little yellow square with a mountain and sun in it, click that. That will bring up a box that you can copy the URL (http://blah blah blah.com) in it. This will embed the pic into the post.

If your pic is not online, I would suggest getting a photobucket account and uploading them there, and then use that URL. I think photobucket allows unlimited photos, or some ridiculously high number, because I've never heard of anyone running out of space on there.
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

I pasted in the address of my album on this site. I am going to try it again.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Ok figured it out. The http// is already in the window and pasting it again is whats going on. So I hit edit and backed out one of the http's and bingo.

I have a 7pc 8wt from Cortland that's "OK" but mostly I find anything over 5 pc "Clubby". Wondering what brand your 4 wt is as I'm in the market for a 5 or 6 wt 7pc?

7. Default Re: travel rod bass

Im glad you got the picture thing figured out because that is one awesome looking fish..

MacFly

Wee hooker, that's an Orvis 4 weight travel rod. It packs very well in the side bag of my street glide.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MacFly55 View Post
    Im glad you got the picture thing figured out because that is one awesome looking fish..

MacFly
    Thanks. She fought hard on that little rod but I did not have to much trouble getting her back in the water in good shape.

9. Default Re: travel rod bass

It's funny how it is always easier getting them back in the water than out of it..

MacFly

Quote Originally Posted by wee hooker View Post
    I have a 7pc 8wt from Cortland that's "OK" but mostly I find anything over 5 pc "Clubby". Wondering what brand your 4 wt is as I'm in the market for a 5 or 6 wt 7pc?
    Hey, check out the Redington CT series. Ive casted their 3wt 6pc and, of course Im no expert, it casts pretty seamlessly. I was impressed with how smoothly it loads up and springs to life. I never noticed any clubbiness.

Eldermike, great post glad you had a good time. Enjoyed your pics.
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast