Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: I need your suggestion

How'd the trip work out?

Default Re: I need your suggestion

I just got back yesterday.

We got to the ponds and they where so muddy you couldn'y see anything 2 inches under the surface. We just about ran out of water the first day. 1 bottle was all we had left after the first day. so then we went down to the place we where goin to camp at, lower missouri river wish i couldve fly fished there but it is to muddy, and i was lucky enough to be able to make a setline and fish. down there i caught 4 cats in th 5 pound range, 2 bigger goldeye, 4 stonecats, and a pallid sturgeon.

So my bass fishing didn't go good but i had fun at least.
    Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

3. Default Re: I need your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
    So my bass fishing didn't go good but i had fun at least.
    Well, that's the main thing. And catching the sturgeon's got to be a pretty rare and amazing experience.

especially a pallid they are the rarest in the missouri river drainage. the rarest in montana is the white sturgeon in the kootenai.
    Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Blog Entries

I love my rods and reels. I really love Trout and Salmon,Char and Grayling. I have been fly fishing for these species for many years with great results.

For Bass, I kid you not, nothing beats a lip hooked Shiner for getting the attention of a Small-mouth Bass. I used to be stubborn about never touching "Bait" and sticking to my flies. Back in 99 while float fishing the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in PA. I gave in to the Dark Side and tried it. My host fixed me up with a rod and reel and a Shiner and Wow! Every cast, a fish every cast, no weight just toss them out and wait, BAM!

For Bass, use bait young Skywalker, use bait.

When you have the right conditions for stream bass, tie on a pearl shiner size 4 or even a #2. Lightly weighted it will swim through a hole like the real thing, and the smallies will hammer it...Use the force Young Skywalker....

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12