Any Fellow Texans on here?

webb971

Reaction score
Looking to see if there are any fellow Texans on here. Need ideas of where to go close to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pnc

Reaction score
I'm not one, but there are some. Would help if local area was known. Are you near coast ? Or what waters you plan on fishing ?

........ pc

karstopo

Reaction score
Yes, upper coast Texan here. I have some ideas about where to go in the southern 1/3 of Brazoria County. Otherwise, your guess might be as good as mine. Only 253 counties remain, but some, I bet half, have zero public or any surface water.

webb971

Reaction score
I am in Alvarado, just south of Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikew1959

Reaction score
Weatherford here
Welcome
If you see water there’s fish in it. Big help huh?
Do you have any kind of watercraft?

pnc

Reaction score
Hey webb,
No need to wait or hope, someone has local know-how for you. Maps show water, check local one first. Knowing what is fishable, what & why things makes areas productive. Takes time, rewards follow.
Find some water, let us know what's in it !

....... pc

mikechell

Reaction score
go to takemefishing.org ... tons of information for most US areas.

Dallas/Fort Worth ... Lake Fork, Lake Tawakoni, the Trinity River ... the list goes on and on.
There's tons of water to the north and east of you ... probably a lot right in your area.

I'm from Florida, but business travel has put me in your area a few times.

skcwolfgang

Reaction score
I am in Dallas, but have fished all over the state. The Colorado river near Bastrop is a great fishery with Guadalupe bass. I did a float trip once. You can rent a kayak there also.

myster

Reaction score
I live in Fort Worth. When I want to get away from the city, the Paluxy River/ Dinosaur Valley State Park is my go to. I have family in central Texas, and as such, the Texas Hill Country offers plenty of options.

wf0

Reaction score
Hey Myster! We have some property up between Meridian & Glen Rose on the Bosque that always has water ;)

omas

Reaction score
I am from Houston. I don't do much fly fishing in Texas. I do a lot of wade fishing on the upper Texas coast with conventional tackle. I do most of my fly fishing in Colorado. I have friends that live in Colorado Springs.

notenuftoys

Reaction score
north DFW here (straight north of the airport, between Lake Lewisville and Grapevine Lake).

I'm a trout bum trapped in a bass world. But I do love getting over to the Paluxy. Brazos south of PK dam is good but can get crowded. Carp flats on Ray Roberts is a blast if you have floaty equipment to get to them. I've bushwhacked to some flats but don't recommend it.

tex68w

Reaction score
South Central Coast here, Victoria to be exact. I have bass fished Coleto, Saxet, and Texana in the immediate area. The trout options in the state have already been listed, I have caught brown trout on the San Marcos between Martindale and Staples. I spend most of my time on the coast in Port O'Conner and Seadrift, but the back waters of the smaller lakes I mentioned are a good time on my inflatable SUP.

iflytexas

Reaction score
Yes, upper coast Texan here. I have some ideas about where to go in the southern 1/3 of Brazoria County. Otherwise, your guess might be as good as mine. Only 253 counties remain, but some, I bet half, have zero public or any surface water.
Hey karstopo, fellow Brazorian here! Live in Lake Jackson.