Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Any Fellow Texans on here?

Well with this much cooler weather I will go tomorrow and give it a try. I am going up stream and see what I can find. I went and looked at the water last week and it was nice and clear even after all that rain we got from the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by 7tcu View Post
    Well with this much cooler weather I will go tomorrow and give it a try. I am going up stream and see what I can find. I went and looked at the water last week and it was nice and clear even after all that rain we got from the storm.
    Have you ever caught anything going up the fork of that Cloud Bayou? I always go up Hall's as far as the wooden bridge and then on return give that fork a try, and though it looks like it should hold fish, I have never been able to tease any from it.

Edit to delete double post.

Never have, but it is worth a try. did not go this morning, maybe tomorrow, I am all hooked up to the truck but was to tried this morning, getting old.

Thinking about it some more which wooden bridge are you asking about, I put in at the bait camp and then go upstream. There is an old wooden bridge if you go straight but I go left , but I have only gone upstream about 5 miles so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 7tcu View Post
    Thinking about it some more which wooden bridge are you asking about, I put in at the bait camp and then go upstream. There is an old wooden bridge if you go straight but I go left , but I have only gone upstream about 5 miles so far.
    If you go north on Hall's, you pass the pump station on left, a good ways up (not sure on nautical mile) it starts narrowing pretty fast and there's an old wooden bridge crossing, which is about as far as can usually go. Geographically, you'll be at the bayou crossing of old Doc Pearson's land (plantation) off Pearson Road. I have never been farther north but will anchor and fish around bridge. That small bayou forking off at public ramp is Cloud, which I can't remember pulling anything from, ever, and IIRC has a wooden bridge crossing it not far upstream. Good luck and report back what's biting!

Selma Texas

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Aren’t gators(the reptilian type) pretty thick in Hall’s bayou above FM2004?

Chocolate Bayou evidently has a good population of snook up stream.

I’ve fished Austin Bayou up above 2004. Lots of Gar and a few redfish when I went.

I fish the streams to the south during the fall and winter, Bastrop bayou, Oyster Creek, The Brazos and Bernard. Can be great if the conditions cooperate.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
    Aren’t gators(the reptilian type) pretty thick in Hall’s bayou above FM2004?
    Yeah, but they like to go way north to where the easy pickings reside. All the feeder ditches, canals, and ravines are like freeways to the neighborhoods with cats, dogs, and chicken coops!

Snook? Hear of them, but to be honest, I have never had one on hook my entire life of fishing the coast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherA View Post
    Yeah, but they like to go way north to where the easy pickings reside. All the feeder ditches, canals, and ravines are like freeways to the neighborhoods with cats, dogs, and chicken coops!

Snook? Hear of them, but to be honest, I have never had one on hook my entire life of fishing the coast.
    My buddy has caught one in the low 20' range and had others even larger on the line, but break off. Snook have a way of cutting through thinner nylon or fluorocarbon. I had two shots at a couple of really nice ones, 30" fish, last year here in Brazoria county, but didn't get the eat. There's a person that posts from up above 2004 on Chocolate bayou and he gets snook pretty regularly.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast