Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Any Fellow Texans on here?

I have not been that far up the bayou but I will next time I go. The cold front just got here and is raining and the temp is dropping, so maybe net week.

Quote Originally Posted by 7tcu View Post
    I have not been that far up the bayou but I will next time I go. The cold front just got here and is raining and the temp is dropping, so maybe net week.
    I suspect there might be some changes going far up. I have read that millions of dollars was earmarked after Harvey flood for improving the watershed from Halls up to into Harris County, though lose track whether there's a second Hall's in Houston area. Was reading that when looking up those snook 7tcu mentioned. I have not been up it that far since way before Harvey.

A friend of mine was going with a land owner to a boat ramp with a broken down pier on Thursday and I will ask him about what he saw, not sure how far up this spot would be. And not to change the subject, I am sending a Reddington Classic Trout 8 1/2' 4wt to my 13year old grandson who fishes the White River and Beaver Lake in Arkansas. He lives in in Texas but visits his other grandpa up in Arkansas. Hope he likes it.

4. Likes ArcherA liked this post

one more question, if you look at the bayou on Google Earth, it has a fork up stream, is this bridge after the fork and if so which fork do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by 7tcu View Post
    one more question, if you look at the bayou on Google Earth, it has a fork up stream, is this bridge after the fork and if so which fork do you take?
    No, none of the forks taken. I scanned Google up and down and only see a wooden structure jutting out on LH side right above first fork. Don't recognize what that is without seeing first hand. Bridge was further up, though, past that second fork IIRC. I know the pipeline crossing way up there was never there, or, the bayou has been cleared a lot further up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456