Hello!

Capt.Mac

Reaction score
Hi guys!
New to the forum, thought i would take a moment to say hello.
If you live in the North Texas area and you are like me then your probably ready for the spring Sand Bass spawning run. this front we are having is going to set things back a bit so i am just waiting it out. I recently finished editing a video about the run that i shot last season. Thought i would share it with you guys to give you something to pass the time until things warm up. Hope you guys enjoy it and i look forward conversing with you all here on the Forum.

The Run on Vimeo

flafly14

Reaction score
Hi Capt Mac,

Nice boat! Complete with poling platform getting into some skinny water. Did you deck it out yourself? You ever sightfish for carp with that? Look about perfect for it.

Capt.Mac

Reaction score
Hi Capt Mac,

Nice boat! Complete with poling platform getting into some skinny water. Did you deck it out yourself? You ever sightfish for carp with that? Look about perfect for it.
Thank you sir! As a matter of fact, i built the floors, decks, polling platform, casting platform, center console and dry box. I do sight fish for carp out of it. Here is a short video of polling the flats for carp if you are interested.

Carp Flats Teaser on Vimeo

Meadowlark

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Capt. Mac. Good to have another Texan here. I see you post on TFF fly fishing and think you will find this site much more active and interesting,

karstopo

Reaction score
There’s a few other Texans here and not mainly just North or Central Texans like what’s dominant on the TFF. Welcome from a Texan on the coast. I don’t see a lot of posts on White Bass on the fly here, but maybe I’ve missed them. Surely it isn’t just a Texas thing, going after them during the run. But if it swims and eats a fly, there’s likely a few here that have experience with whatever fish or fishery it might be.

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi & Welcome to the Forum Capt. Mac! You look like a man of many talents and good at them. I'm sure you'll find a home here. Looking forward to your posts.

:welcomean

Denny

Capt.Mac

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Capt. Mac. Good to have another Texan here. I see you post on TFF fly fishing and think you will find this site much more active and interesting,
Thanks Meadowlark. Yea, sometimes posting on the TFF is like talking to yourself.

Capt.Mac

Reaction score
There’s a few other Texans here and not mainly just North or Central Texans like what’s dominant on the TFF. Welcome from a Texan on the coast. I don’t see a lot of posts on White Bass on the fly here, but maybe I’ve missed them. Surely it isn’t just a Texas thing, going after them during the run. But if it swims and eats a fly, there’s likely a few here that have experience with whatever fish or fishery it might be.
Thank you Karstopo. Always enjoy reading your posts from the salt. I try to live through you vicariously. I try to get to the coast as much as i can and your photos get me by until i can make a trip happen.

fr8dog

Reaction score
I love whites on a 6wt. I have a couple creeks for the spring run. Summer and fall in the lakes. Clousers. White with some flash. It's a ton-o-fun when they're busting shad on the surface. Hard pulling little guys.

And Hello!