Mysteries of the Unexpected in Texas 4-30-19

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Life has a way of reminding you that just when you’re pretty sure you’ve got it all figured out, you’re due for a smack upside the cranium with the Louisville Slugger of reality. Examples:
Boba Fett, the most feared, ruthless, cool, and stylish bounty hunter in the universe.

Bet you didn’t know his real name is Wendell Lardblatt and he lives in a pay-by-the-month flop house in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Emilio Esteves played the infamous Billy the Kid and made him a dashing rogue with tousled hair and a devilish smile.

The real William H. Bonney looks like he would probably have a hard time getting a date in a cathouse, let alone leading roles in Hollywood films. Oh, irony.

Such was my day of fishing. I again drove Mrs. Bagels to school owing to my weird work schedule. Utterly confident that I’d pull in sunfish after sunfish, I prepared to reap the benefits of my insider’s knowledge from two weeks ago. Instead, my first catch was this:

Not bad! A few casts later, I hauled in another:

No sunfish, but that’s ok. Bass make me smile and I was enjoying the breezy, cloudy morning. I kept at it and pulled in a few more small bass before it was time to go meet my Mrs. for lunch and the drive home. These little buggers put a good bend in the 3 wt I brought along today.

And they jumped like champs. Excuse my craptastic attempts at action photography.

The tadpole was tops today.

Frogs are abundant as evidenced by their little tracks and trails in the drying mud puddles, so maybe that’s why the bass were so hot for the ‘pole.

I gave thanks to the gods of the natural world and it’s bounty. I am lucky to be alive and able to appreciate the beauty around me. Not all are as fortunate.

Two hours flew by quickly and it was once again time to bid adieu to this little body of water and it’s gilled denizens. Until next time then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spm

Reaction score
Good stuff, Joey. Nice looking fish. And no one's photography is as bad as mine.

Thanks for posting.
steve