Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Congratulations on the impending birth!

2. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Do you carve all the heads?
    Yes. All hand-made.

I would love a step by step demo, those are really good looking poppers.
    I promise that I'll do it (a step by step) as soons as I can. It will take a while tho. Maybe 2 to 3 months. But I'll do it.

If I could afford it I would fly down there with lots of material so you could make me dozens.
    Its a really hard work making them and have some friends asking for some here in Brazil. I'll see what I can do. But dont come here just to have some poppers done...its cheaper to send them to USA

Congratulations on the impending birth!
    Tx! I'm really worried. Hoping it goes fine.

Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Quote Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
    wow thats impresive. those look better than popper heads ive seen in most stores.
    I agree - they are REALLY nice!

4. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Renato,
    Welcome to NAFFF. I too am a new member, but not new to flyfishing. Your poppers are better than anything I ever tied, and I catch fish on mine. You will be the envy of every member if you can go out and fish for peacock bass on a regular basis. For those who have never caught a peacock, they are like a small mouth on steroids, and when you think you have them, then they see the boat, all your fly line is off the reel again.

5. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Those are great Renato, I tend to carve them as pencil poppers but those look like they bubble and sound as loud as peacocks love.
    The painting is great also.
    Welcome
    I am new to the forum as well, but been flyfishing for a long while now.

6. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Those are great Renato, I tend to carve them as pencil poppers but those look like they bubble and sound as loud as peacocks love.
    The painting is great also.
    Tx Armando!
    Problably pencil poppers are harder to break, but I dont have access to an appropriate hook for that. If I make this ones as pencil poppers, they wont float well.
    Also this shape makes a louder noise as you said, what is great when fishing predators like peacocks basses.
    Finally, my wife just gave birth to my first son, so I am not online very much, not fishing and not tying too....I hope to be back soon with some more flies and problably fishing pics.
    Cya.

7. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

what did you use to paint those poppers?

congrats on the child!

8. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

what did you use to paint those poppers?
    I use an Airbrush (I am not sure, but I believe its called aerography) and some different kinds of inks - especially fluorescent (luminous) ink, for orange, pink, green, red and chartreuse (lemon-yellow) colors.
    Hope I answered your question. Any doubt feel free to ask.

congrats on the child!
    Tx. He's already 3 months old and I didnt know he would take me so many hours of care...
    Could only fish once since his birht
    Hope he grows fast so I can take him with me

9. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

i thought you used an airbrush! they look great. haha i carved up some balsa wood poppers and divers the other day, and i tried painting them with acrylic paint and a paint brush. they didnt look so good, but i hope the largemouth bass will still eat them!

10. Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

i tried painting them with acrylic paint and a paint brush. they didnt look so good
    I tried that too... It didnt look good too.

i hope the largemouth bass will still eat them!
    If they dont like your poppers, come over to Brasil and give them (the poppers) a last chance with a fish we call Traíra (Hoplias malabaricus) - Its probably the most comon fish in Brazil, but I am not sure u know it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast