Mcfly angler

sixwtslinger

Reaction score
Seems like a nice guy. He's a good tier of warmwater flies too. I enjoy his video's (although admittedly more before he started pushing the Risen brand.)

proheli

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that I like McFly and his videos. Very real guy. Did you see a couple of those roll casts? Maybe basic, but right down the middle of those narrow passages and the fly lays right out. Pretty cool.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, that looks way too snakey, I'll take a pass. I liked the video, but a five weight seemed to me way to big, at least for me, wouldn't a three weight be better for that kind of water?

I've watched a few of Mcfly Anglers videos, they are all entertaining, he does a very good job. The ones I watched were all on the San Juan so for some reason I thought he lived in that area.

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
I agree, that looks way too snakey, I'll take a pass. I liked the video, but a five weight seemed to me way to big, at least for me, wouldn't a three weight be better for that kind of water?

I've watched a few of Mcfly Anglers videos, they are all entertaining, he does a very good job. The ones I watched were all on the San Juan so for some reason I thought he lived in that area.
If you follow him recently his wife is a traveling nurse and is from San Antonio, he recently required surgery and moved here so his wife can work and get medical benefits at a nursing job.
This creek has some large bass and carp in it. It feeds the Edwards aquifer and the larger fish go into the aquifer when the water levels go down. But when it rains the water goes up the larger fish come out. My personal best out of this creek is a 16inch largemouth, and one day I caught 5 beefy 14inch LM bass and some decent Guadalupe bass all in about 2 hours. I have video on my page that shows this trip.

#icast2019 Tuesday Morning Bass on the Fly, not at Icast 2019 YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk