Finally got my hunnie into a set of waders

swirlchaser

Reaction score
Finally got my wife into a set of waders and out on the lake for some casting practice. The Bass are there, but ducking the flying crystal bugger and adjusting her cast left little time to actually fish.
We had a great time and it was certainly better to see her instead of my ugly fishing buddies (sorry guys...) Maybe next time we'll get those waders in the water.

Attachments

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Swril,

I had to switch my wife over to the fly rod and last year I got her her first set of breathable waders. No more complaints about being too warm in the neo's. I hope you can keep her into it.

Ard

swirlchaser

Reaction score
I hope so too. This means I get to buy more gear :icon_lol: I'm already checking what I don't have doubles of. Plus I reel with my right hand so shared reels would be a pain...:frogdance

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
swirlchaser: That might back fire, she gets all the new stuff and you get the left overs! LOL!

Larry

rag

Reaction score
My wife is starting flyfishing this year. Now I have to buy 2 of everything. Tying flies....instead of 6, I now have to tie 12. :icon_roll

fishingfly7

Reaction score
How did you do it ? did you let her go shopping or what? help me get my wife into a set of waders!

swirlchaser

Reaction score
How did you do it ? did you let her go shopping or what? help me get my wife into a set of waders!
DIAMOND STUDDED WOOLY BUGGERS...

Actually I've been a saltwater fisherman my entire life and she never wanted any part of that, heavy gear, slimy bait and running out at at 1AM to catch a full moon and the right tide didn't interest her.
I started salt water fly fishing a few years ago and still no interest. This year I started fishing large mouth bass again (I haven't fished fresh water in about 18 years). I took her with me scouting all the lakes and ponds I fished as a kid and she enjoyed the scenery, ponds, trees, ducks, geese and before I knew it she was ready to put on some waders.
My best advise is leave the rods home and take a day to check out a few fishing holes, if she enjoys the trip you'll probably get her to fish next time out.

ezamora

Reaction score
i had a girlfriend a few years ago who got into fly fishing with me. i bought her some waders and she really enjoyed it, outfishing buddies of mine at times.

we're fishing the tuolumne river in yosemite using motorola radios amongst the four of us. buddies are just out of sight around a bend fishing together. she and i are catching fish every few casts.

on the radio:
she: baby! this is so easy and fun!!! how come THEY'RE not catching anything?????
me: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she got an.... augmentation later. and they no longer fit. chuckling....

eric
fresno, ca.

FrankB2

Reaction score
My wife has always jumped into everything I do 110%. However, she only
wants the fun part of everything. Sailing: I spend an hour getting the boat
ready, and then she takes over. FF'ing: I get all the gear strung up (more
of a pain than it sounds!), and then she fishes. We've been fishing together
since college, and she's never once tied a knot of any sort. When we canoe,
she does paddle, but it makes little difference :D . Oh well, there's never a
problem buying gear, or going out and having fun. Most men I know think I'm
the luckiest guy they've ever met. I'd have to agree with that....mostly :D

P.S. How many 47-yr-old women have you seen playing with R/C monster
trucks...LOL?????

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Looks like your wife didn't want to ruin her new waders by getting them wet.

She's one smart cookie, they'll last a lot longer that way!

mark

rag

Reaction score
i had a girlfriend a few years ago who got into fly fishing with me. i bought her some waders and she really enjoyed it, outfishing buddies of mine at times.

we're fishing the tuolumne river in yosemite using motorola radios amongst the four of us. buddies are just out of sight around a bend fishing together. she and i are catching fish every few casts.

on the radio:
she: baby! this is so easy and fun!!! how come THEY'RE not catching anything?????
me: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she got an.... augmentation later. and they no longer fit. chuckling....

eric
fresno, ca.
You are banned from the board unless you post her picture.:icon_lol:

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Congrats dude, getting your wife into it will be the best thing ya ever did. My wife got into fishing with me and last year really took up fly fishing. I love it, one of the best fishing partners I evere had. And YES you do get to buy more gear and for us gear heads thats an added bounes, for sure, BUT on the down side I bought ME a new winston 5wt a few months back thats NO LONGER MINE LOL.
Bear

ezamora

Reaction score
You guys are crazy! The water is a time to get away from the better half and get some peace and quiet.
tell me about it!!!! LOL imagine hiking a couple of miles, finding a very nice section of stream or river and finding wild trout feeding on the surface then hearing, Uhhh, i have to go to the bathroom, followed by an immediate hike back together to find a toilet. and what IS it about those cold ears????? i chuckle about it now. even though finding time away is so beneficial, sharing such overall experiences with someone special who's more than just a male buddy is priceless.

eric
fresno, ca.