Upper Rogue River here in Southern Oregon.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Winter Steelhead took their sweet time to show up. As of the end of March we had 5326 through the (one and only on the entire river system) 'counter.' Sounded like this was going to be a 'down in the dumps' year for fish returns.

A week and a half of strong storms through the area dumping tons of rain/snow and Good Lord! Did 'they' get with the program!!:frogdance:frogdance

In just a tad over 30 days the 'fish count' went from 5300 to OVER 14,000:weight_li

Pisser is I'm moving from Ashland about 25 miles to the NE to White City and I'm up to my butt in packing boxes. Zero time to spend on the river.

Is that the 'pits,' or what?:faint::ranting3:

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
A drift from Rogue Elk to Takelma (or Shady to Dodge) is in order for you. I bet you are wishin' that you had time to swing bunny leech (or your favorite swing fly) at them.

If I had time, I'd get myself up there with my PAC 1000, Euro 6126, and all my Rogue fishing goodies. Gosh darn commitments! I feel your pain, FAE.

MP

ontheflyguide

Reaction score
Winter Steelhead took their sweet time to show up. As of the end of March we had 5326 through the (one and only on the entire river system) 'counter.' Sounded like this was going to be a 'down in the dumps' year for fish returns.

A week and a half of strong storms through the area dumping tons of rain/snow and Good Lord! Did 'they' get with the program!!:frogdance:frogdance

In just a tad over 30 days the 'fish count' went from 5300 to OVER 14,000:weight_li

Pisser is I'm moving from Ashland about 25 miles to the NE to White City and I'm up to my butt in packing boxes. Zero time to spend on the river.

Is that the 'pits,' or what?:faint::ranting3:
Ha just found this thread! I we we had those returns this year:mad: I have been able to hit fish all year though.