Arizona

Roughrider

Reaction score
Well, from Arizona, but now living on the banks of the San Juan. What's up KRD and tightlines?

flyfshr

Reaction score
Yes, I live in Arizona. Northwest Phoenix matter of fact. Moved here 28 years ago from the midwest. What's your story KRD?

Brad
FF

lryansl

Reaction score
I live in arizone too, except way down south in Yuma, Not to many trout waters down here, but lots of bass, bluegill, and Carp!

philthy

Reaction score
Formerly lived in Tucson and also a member of AZFAT. Can't wait for the "Juanuary" trip this winter....if there will be one. Otherwise, I'll just suck it up and go all by my lonesome :)

Phil

Roughrider

Reaction score
Juanuary lives another year!!! This will be the 3rd annual event. The Enchanted Hideaway is about totally booked with you AZ boyz!!! Gonna try my best to make it once again, this time I'll actually be able to fish!

jimeng

Reaction score
I live in Gilbert. In the late 80's I was stationed in Alaska and fly fished for 2 summers in a row every chance I had. from that point I managed to find other life tasks to keep me away from my favorite sport. Went to Winterhaven and fished at Devils Thumb Ranch while taking a lesson from their guide. I had a blast, caught 6 nice rainbows and have the bug to get back into it.

philthy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard jimeng! There's a great bunch of guys from AZ that fly fish. Of course, there's the usual knuckleheads and shady characters (just kidding!). If you haven't checked out azflyandtie.com, you really need to do that! Everyone I've met is fantastic. They have regular outings and are really in the know about all the local happenings. It's too bad I live a little farther away, but I definately don't miss the heat!

Phil

atlaw

Reaction score
Oro Valley and San Carlos, Mexico. originally from back east somewhere, I forget where...or why.

uhls1986

Reaction score
I get on that web site every once in a while. I have lived in AZ since 1988, WOW did I say 1988, Holy #$%& I'm getting old.

uhls1986

Reaction score
Fshfanatic, looks like you do a lot of fishing down in rocky point, do you get down there much......My mother in law has a house down in playa encanto...I'd like to get into some salt water fishing..looks like a real good time..Chris

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have not been down there for a couple yrs. Might make a trip as soon as Monsoon season is over..

kobato

Reaction score
hi KRD, any good places around tucson for fly fishing?
i am new to fly fishing.