Anyone getting out lately?

Curtis

Reaction score
I was able to sneak out on Sunday for a couple of hours to a local urban creek. Great time. Was able to fool a couple of nice little brookies and enjoy the early spring weather. I love when spring starts to come on. The Quakies are starting to bud and the fish are hungry.

I will be getting out to a local water tomorrow too. Looking forward to it. Don't know if I can sleep tonight. ;)

Attachments

ffjones

Reaction score
hit the provo yesterday. the sun was out and the wind down for about an hour, it was great. snowflies and bwo's everywhere. had a blast until the damn wind came up and shut everything down for me.

Curtis

Reaction score
ffjones said:
hit the provo yesterday. the sun was out and the wind down for about an hour, it was great. snowflies and bwo's everywhere. had a blast until the damn wind came up and shut everything down for me.
I went there today. Pretty much the same story. Every time the wind would quit the fish would go crazy over the bugs that got blown onto the water. It is almost here! 8^)

ffjones

Reaction score
yeah, it seems that the wind would only stop while i was changing my fly, or moving through the water to get to a sheltered area, then bam,cold as hell wicked wind.

Curtis

Reaction score
ffjones said:
yeah, it seems that the wind would only stop while i was changing my fly, or moving through the water to get to a sheltered area, then bam,cold as hell wicked wind.
Doesn't it just figure? The river can be so uninviting sometimes. Ah, but when she is good, she is real good. That is what keeps us coming back. Dang abusive relationships and I am co-dependent on them. ;)

ffjones

Reaction score
curtis
you had posted that there are some urban ponds with carp in them, care to tell me where?

Curtis

Reaction score
Bountiful pond is full of them. I recently was told that the kids catch them by hooking some moss on a hook and letting it float down where the water flows in. I am thinking a green marabou feather on a hook would do the trick.

Also, and I have not seen this myself, I heard there is a pond behind the trees on 5400 south and about 700 west by the new dog park that is full of carp also.

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
I went to Beavers Bend Park in OK today and caught 26 nice, fat rainbows up to 16", averaging about 14", with the larger ones weighing about 3#, and three small browns. I fished in Zone 2 near the island using a #14 beadhead olive wooly bugger.