Strawberry Reservoir, wading?

stenacron

Reaction score
Thinking of taking a crack at those Strawberry cutties... just curious if it's a practical plan to try it from shore (wading), or if a pontoon or float tube is required to reach good fishing.

Never been there, so any advice on what to throw or where to wet a line would be greatly appreciated.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Joe: Send a PM to Joni or Mojo if they don't see your post. They will have the info you need to fish the Berry.

utah daveii

Reaction score
Strawberry is always best fished from a boat, pontoon or float tube. That being said bank fishing can be done and i do it quite often. The Soldier Creek side is better for bank fishing. The big problem this year is the low lake levels and the moss beds. The best way to fish the berry from shore is with a mouse pattern.

mojo

Reaction score
And any kind of fishing is going to be dynamite in October. Cutts cruise the shore putting on the winter feedbag. Dave's right about SC shore fishing. It's exceptional at certain times of the year behind the SC store.

boowill

Reaction score
The soldier creek side is amazing right now. You can walk the shore chucking streamers and white tube jigs and catch a lot of rainbows and cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

mojo

Reaction score
We're heading up there (SC side) on Saturday for 4 days. Taking the kickboats and I think the tin can. Evenings from shore are great if the weeds have receded. I'm hoping the water temp will be down to around 53-55 degrees. It was 58 a couple weeks ago.