Pyramid Lake, Nevada

newby

Reaction score
Not much better than giant Lahontans- I hope I have the chance to fish Pyramid in the future!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
;)

Reaction score
Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
;)
I do concure, how ever every year on the opening the fish tend to stay away from shallow water as it is to warm for them. I have a custom built ladder that will be utilized very extensivly thru the winter and spawning months. Nothing better than spending 8 hours standing on a ladder.

Reaction score
Hit Pyramid on Friday (10-12-12) It was outstanding!! Netted 12 - 9 shook the hook. Biggest fish was 6lbs and I caught my second tagged fish out of Pyramid. I will post the fish data once I hear back from NDOW.

Reaction score
(10-21-12) Netted 2 - 0 shook the hook. Nothing big for the day. 2 fish under 3lbs. 1 took an Olive Pattern and the other a Black Pattern. Winds became to strong for a float tube as well as the current that was on a North Westerly move. I was able to check out some areas with the lower lake level. I also found some old flies that had been snagged on rocks (I will just add them to my collection of old worn out flies).

Last edited by a moderator:

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
I'll be up at Pyramid for the weekend of Nov 4th if any locals here are going to head up there and want to meet up at all.

Reaction score
I am going to try and get out tomorrow morning (10-26) I will let you know how it goes. With the weather changing the patterns and techniques are also changing.:wiggle:

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
I am trying to go up on Sat and camp but some things have come up and I'm not 100% sure I'm going. I'll keep you posted if I do.

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Last planned trip didn't work out so well but I'm heading up for sure this weekend and will be camping at Pelican if anyone wants to meet up.

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
2 more 20+ pounders came out this last week!! The fishing is still a bit slow but the fish that are coming out have been bigger than usual. The Pilot Peak strain have really been taking off this year and have been growing at a very rapid pace. This spring should be a blast!! Heading up again on Sat to see if we can find anything.

milt spawn

Reaction score
Hey TD! Are all the Pilot Peak strain fish tagged? I'm hoping to get up there in Feb/Mar some time, when the weather's nasty. milt.

Reaction score
Yes they are all the Pilot Peak strain.

One was a 24lb, 36" out of a secret hole, (just two steps from the north nets:secret::secret:) Dark patterns. Also try Blockhouse.

Welcome to Pyramid Lake Fisheries!

I have been tying wollies like crazy if anybody needs some not so "box store" patterns. Fair prices of course; I think they will be HOT!