Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pyramid Lake, Nevada

October 1 is the opening of Pyramid Lake.

Anybody heading out? See you there!

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

Don't forget your step ladder!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-L8o8IfIg&feature=related"]Fishing Pyramid lake Nevada Nov 09 - YouTube[/ame]
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Not much better than giant Lahontans- I hope I have the chance to fish Pyramid in the future!

I won't be out there on the first but I'm sure I'll head out there in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Don't forget your step ladder!! Fishing Pyramid lake Nevada Nov 09 - YouTube
    Going to be a little warm for the old ladder. Float tubes aired up waiting for the strike of sun rise on Monday. This is going to be a long weekend waiting!

Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Actually the step ladder is to get you up/out of the water if there's a good wind blowing. Wave action can be a '*****' as you have to wade out at least to your 'belly button.' Those short casting ladders make you about 10' tall and get you above the "surf."
    I do concure, how ever every year on the opening the fish tend to stay away from shallow water as it is to warm for them. I have a custom built ladder that will be utilized very extensivly thru the winter and spawning months. Nothing better than spending 8 hours standing on a ladder.

8. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Thumbs up Re: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

BC's quite correct; water tends to stay very warm until November (cold nights, far cooler days) and the fish will hold well out below the 'thermocline.' (sp?)

Blog Entries

Shot Dog. milt.
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish

Hit Pyramid on Friday (10-12-12) It was outstanding!! Netted 12 - 9 shook the hook. Biggest fish was 6lbs and I caught my second tagged fish out of Pyramid. I will post the fish data once I hear back from NDOW.
    "It gets real snaky up in here. Lot of rattlesnakes. You run into a rattlesnake up here, just PUNCH it in the face. Just PUNCH it, thats what they tell you to do."
    Just slap'em hard right across the gills!

http://slappingills.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast