Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default South Fork of Boise River

Can anyone offer suggestions on the lowest flow to float the SF Boise at? Seems to be holding around 600 cfs currently, which could float my 12' raft from the Tailwaters or Village Ramps down to Danskin. I am wondering if 600 cfs is indeed enough to float it?

I was also wondering about floating the Boise River through town, from Barber Park to Ann Morrison park. It seems to be holding around 600 cfs, with a few drops along the way that appear to be runnable. It seems to be a decent trout fishery through town, so I wondered if anyone ever float fishes it?

I am new to Boise, so looking for some "local" options to get the raft on the water this fall. Any advice on other options within a day trip's drive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: South Fork of Boise River

Don is that you?

If not a friend of mine who has a severe fishing addiction just moved up there as well. He seems to be finding some incredible water based on a post he just made on another site.

Cheers!

Default Re: South Fork of Boise River

Quote Originally Posted by pb_colorado View Post
    Can anyone offer suggestions on the lowest flow to float the SF Boise at? Seems to be holding around 600 cfs currently, which could float my 12' raft from the Tailwaters or Village Ramps down to Danskin. I am wondering if 600 cfs is indeed enough to float it?

I was also wondering about floating the Boise River through town, from Barber Park to Ann Morrison park. It seems to be holding around 600 cfs, with a few drops along the way that appear to be runnable. It seems to be a decent trout fishery through town, so I wondered if anyone ever float fishes it?

I am new to Boise, so looking for some "local" options to get the raft on the water this fall. Any advice on other options within a day trip's drive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    PB let's quit talking about it and go and do it. five minutes from the office. Tomorrow after 3:00 pm. What we should do is go and float the snake down at swan falls.

4. Default Re: South Fork of Boise River

Been wanting to float that stretch for some time. How long is it to Celebration Park in a raft? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks