Pyramid Lake Closed Till April 1st

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Just received news that Pyramid Lake will now be closed until AT LEAST April 1st, 2017. I'm not much of a 'mid guy myself, but I see and know of people here on the forum that do travel there, so this is a heads up before you make travel plans.
The recent major storm activity and flooding hit the area hard. They still don't have safely passable roads or reliable utilities out there, and the tribe decided to make the announcement today to stay closed so they can concentrate on getting the area repaired.
Just another reminder to the outsiders that Northern Nevada is NOT Vegas, we get real weather and real winters, so always check conditions before going out and planning trips.
Most recent info can be found at:
Discover Pyramid Lake Nevada, one of the largest natural lakes in the state of Nevada

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Crosby took advantage of the lake closing and did a little remodeling to the bar. The lake could open earlier depending on if they get all the beach access repairs and boat launch repairs done.

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Just as an update, it was announced today that the west side will be open THIS Saturday with limited acess.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Love Shot Dog! Hope these next two storms don't set them back, next weekend's forecast looks pretty rough.
Still open as of now, one of my buddies was out there today. Looked extremely crowded.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk