Wednesday fishing

kinger

Reaction score
So Cromeny and I snuck out a little early from work yesterday and hit a little stream I've been wanting to hit for a while. The drive up didn't take too long and we had a dirt road that took about 30 minutes to reach the stream. We both started with terrestrials, I threw an ant while Clint threw a tan hopper. The first stretch we did not see much action. We did see a few fish hanging out, but they weren't too interested in what we were offering. Clint decided to throw on a white zonker and see if he could hook into something. I tried a tan hopper for a few and then switched to a yellow hopper with a pheasant tail dropper. The stream was absolutely beautiful and looked very promising. A little while later I did hook into a little guy on the dropper, but he popped off before I could land him. Clint was still throwing the streamer and getting bumped, but nothing aggressive enough to take it down. A few bends later and we had our first catch of the day, a fish took my yellow hopper just off the grassy bank. The monkey was finally off our back. Clint decided then to throw on a hopper again. We continued to slap the sides of the stream with our hoppers and pulled in some nice looking browns. The weather was a little disappointing, it rained a good portion of the time and we are sure it pushed the fish down. The water was a little off color and was running higher than normal according to Clint, this was my first time on this particular stream. All in all, I had a great time and want to get back there BAD. The area is amazing and the fish are beautiful. Here are a few pictures of our little adventure.

This guy pounded the hopper

Yellow was what they wanted

Another good looking fish

Not the pretties, but first fish of the day

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Looks like fun guys! great pics. Good to see hopperz finally taking off after the odd Spring/Summer we've had.
Thanks for posting Josh.:)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Josh: Excellent trip report and photos! Congrats on the great looking fish, good to see your getting some action on the hoppers.

Larry