Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    I am just back from a trip to Idaho where using my pontoon was a disaster to say the least altho it was my first time with it . I am planning on the Green next Sept and am looking for some advice , any advice ! I cant afford a guide so this is NOT on the table .

    The vessel I am thinking hard about for this float trip is the Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 . It seems to fit the bill for me and is very affordable . Any opinions on this raft / boat for the Green ? TIA .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Looks sturdy and tough, but may be a bit steep on the price .. or not.
    I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
    http://rubberboats.com/product/infla...able-boat.html

  3. Likes jangles liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    19,011
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.
    Larry


  5. Likes jangles liked this post
  6. #4

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    Looks sturdy and tough, but may be a bit steep on the price .. or not.
    I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
    http://rubberboats.com/product/infla...able-boat.html
    Thanks for the reply . I know this is lame but I don't like the color and it's twice as heavy as the Sea Eagle .

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.

    I will be using it below the Gorge . I have experience with rowing boats , just not that pontoon I have , thus I'm either selling it or dedicating it to the small lakes we have in the mountains around here . Also I will have my buddy with me that is very experienced in pontoons, rafts etc . He was with me in the trip I mentioned and he had NO problem at all with his p[, me, I hit every boulder in the river and lived ! Mostly I wanted to know if people here thought it is tough enough for the Green River , all the way down . Thx for the replies .
    Last edited by jangles; 08-06-2017 at 09:05 PM.

  7. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jangles View Post
    Thanks for the reply . I know this is lame but I don't like the color and it's twice as heavy as the Sea Eagle .
    Makes sense, sadly green boats always cost more, and everyone knows that the lighter the boat the more stable it is.

  9. Likes mcnerney, jangles liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
    Posts
    10,825

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    Looks sturdy and tough, but may be a bit steep on the price .. or not.
    I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
    Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Only $249 (Sold Here)
    Only 'problem' I have with the boat is 'they' call this a four man raft ... FORGETABOUTTHAT. Two maybe but not four with gear.

    fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

  11. Likes westcoast, mcnerney liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Only 'problem' I have with the boat is 'they' call this a four man raft ... FORGETABOUTTHAT. Two maybe but not four with gear.

    fae
    For sure, I think they measure by Asian standards. Just like a 3 man tent is actually only suitable for 1.

  13. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  14. #8

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    Makes sense, sadly green boats always cost more, and everyone knows that the lighter the boat the more stable it is.
    I bought it last night . It was made for the Green , thats why it's Green and because it's lighter it shipped cheaper .
    Last edited by jangles; 08-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado's Western Slope
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

    I floated the Green on the 17th and she was running around 3000cfs-roughly double what the guides expected this time of year. It was very manageable with an experienced guide though I would be hesitant never navigating the tricky sections-class 3?? Best to do this with one familiar to help you. An experienced fellow pontoon fisher cancelled when his partner cancelled. Look at it like your diving or hunting buddy. Good luck!

  16. Likes jangles liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Eagle River
    By dubbn in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 02:54 PM
  2. Wind River Snowpack AKA Green River Pics
    By Supplicate in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 09:24 PM
  3. Fishing/Camping ideas for Upper Green River lakes and/or Wind river
    By hopescooter in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 11:16 PM
  4. Eagle river, Gore river, Cross creek
    By branjg in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 06:55 AM
  5. eagle river
    By arkfshr3 in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •