Utah in October

JDR

Reaction score
I have a good friend whose wife will be attending a conference in LasVegas during the first week in October. They are both novice fly fishers, but would like to fish in Utah after the conference is over. Any suggestions or recommendations for an area that has good guides that is within about a four hour drive from Las Vegas? Are there any places where he can go during the day that are near Las Vegas? Any fly shops in Las Vegas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

lil_ol_angler_me

Reaction score
no true fly shops here in Las Vegas...best options are to contact BPS and ask for Allen in the fly shop, he and some others fish Utah regularly AND look on The Review Journal Pages search fishing and get Doug Nielsens e mail he works for NDOW and fishes Utah a lot and he is the best bet for info, now in October if they are novice and are willing to fish a lake with excellent trout fishing...look at Kolob Reservoir about 3 hrs from Las Vegas....search this site for Kolob as well some good info there hope this helps...get flies from "hairwing530" on this site.
only local places during day will be local ponds which MAY be stocked during their visit, Tule Springs / Floyd Lamb in the NW offers various species which the others do not

also Cold Creek pond about 45 miles up US95 has good fishing and access,,,check the NDOW site for info and directions

Last edited:

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
A couple of years back I did a little research and was heading to Circleville utah and was going to use Circle Valley Anglers as a guide and fly shop. Unfortunately heavy rains forced me up north to the Green and I was not able to go. I know nothing more than that about the shop and guide but they were very accommodating to my schedule change and I always appreciated that. It’s within your 4 hour window and might be worth a look.

Good luck
Kevin