Tigers and cutties.. [trip report]

hopescooter

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted a report here. Last weekend I took the dogs for couple days of fishing in southern Uintas side. I found a nice spot right by the river, which was full of small but fiesty colorado river cutties. these are the spots you literally dream about, walk few feet from campsite and throw flies. :D

Some coffee before rigging up.

Biggest of the cutties from the campsite area.

Next day we moved onto to a developed campsite and fished couple of ponds down the river. This section is full of cutthroats and tigers. Seeing how windy it was whole day pretty much, I put on an ant pattern and that was enough to bring in few fish to hand, missed few more takes.

The first cutthroat was the biggest I caught there.

Got this tiger from another neighboring pond.

Finally moved on to the river section and didn't get anything except for 1 lone brown.

Also got some small brookies near the campground, so overall catching 4 different trout species was good.

Stealth mode.

stenacron

Reaction score
Beautiful fish! Flows look pretty good despite the less-than-stellar snowpack this year.

I might have to head up there tomorrow now. Thanks for the inspiration :D

jimbaker488

Reaction score
Beautiful fish! Flows look pretty good despite the less-than-stellar snowpack this year.

I might have to head up there tomorrow now. Thanks for the inspiration :D
I thought you guys had a lot of snow in northern Utah this past winter, but guess that was mostly north of you ?

jimbaker488

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted a report here. Last weekend I took the dogs for couple days of fishing in southern Uintas side. I found a nice spot right by the river, which was full of small but fiesty colorado river cutties. these are the spots you literally dream about, walk few feet from campsite and throw flies. :D

Some coffee before rigging up.

Biggest of the cutties from the campsite area.

Next day we moved onto to a developed campsite and fished couple of ponds down the river. This section is full of cutthroats and tigers. Seeing how windy it was whole day pretty much, I put on an ant pattern and that was enough to bring in few fish to hand, missed few more takes.

The first cutthroat was the biggest I caught there.

Got this tiger from another neighboring pond.

Finally moved on to the river section and didn't get anything except for 1 lone brown.

Also got some small brookies near the campground, so overall catching 4 different trout species was good.

Stealth mode.
Ah yes, that's a great spot there hopescooter. And nice fish !

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopescooter

That sure looks like an awesome place, congrats on the outstanding fishing and sharing those great photos!