Last Chance on the Rim

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Spent a few days on the rim fishing for wild browns during another arizona bluebird week. It was last chance to fish these lower streams before the temp drops another 15° this week and it gets too cold for me. This trip was my one year anniversary from two back surgeries.

Rims streams full of small wild browns.

Went down the canyon for some larger browns.

Like last trip stopped at ditch creek for more awesome sundown dry fly apache action.

mka

Reaction score
Wow...beautiful little stream and environment. Looks like it's a sustaining stream based on that little fella in there:) And, love the colors on that brown trout!!! I'm so jealous sitting here in the house while you're out fishing in such a beautiful place. Getting ready to go online to see my initial jury duty instructions for the next 3 weeks...no fishing for this kid until next year it seems.

Yet, you're ditch fishing is causing to think about getting on the bike and riding down the hill to the ditch that parallels the Rio Grande and fish for some stockers...no beautiful Apache like yours, but there are some trout.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Wow...beautiful little stream and environment. Looks like it's a sustaining stream based on that little fella in there:) And, love the colors on that brown trout!!! I'm so jealous sitting here in the house while you're out fishing in such a beautiful place. Getting ready to go online to see my initial jury duty instructions for the next 3 weeks...no fishing for this kid until next year it seems.

Yet, you're ditch fishing is causing to think about getting on the bike and riding down the hill to the ditch that parallels the Rio Grande and fish for some stockers...no beautiful Apache like yours, but there are some trout.
I hope you get out to that ditch mike. Thought about a trip to the juan the next bluebird week but wouldn't be as fun without ya. I think I'm done for the year too. Usually I go to the upper section of the creek once during the winter for a fix but I don't like the cold anymore. That creek is spring fed so it doesn't freeze.

I love that first pic, not at all what i think of when i think Arizona.

And "ditch" fishing brings up some great childhood memories from the deserts of Idaho:thumbsup:
I don't post real names but ditch creek fits. This little creek is a lot of fun. The locals are there all the time fishing or walking on the path. A hatchery is at the upper section of the creek. The upper section below the hatchery it is stocked full of large trout. The creek is c&r at this time.

spm

Reaction score
Good report, Steve.
Beautiful stream and surrounding woods. I would say that definitely qualifies as a "Small stream'.

Thanks,
steve

mka

Reaction score
"I hope you get out to that ditch mike. Thought about a trip to the juan the next bluebird week but wouldn't be as fun without ya. I think I'm done for the year too. Usually I go to the upper section of the creek once during the winter for a fix but I don't like the cold anymore. That creek is spring fed so it doesn't freeze."

You really should get up to the Juan before the end of year. After being out for recovery from surgery much of this year, you deserve some time on the water for sure!