AZ Native and Wild Trout Symposium 2019

myt1

Reaction score
Last Thursday I attended the morning session of the above mentioned symposium.

As a member of TU I received free admission, but sadly, I had to leave before I could take advantage of the free lunch; which is kinda a big deal when a retired guy has to turn down free food.

Speaking of TU, Chris Wood, the CEO of TU, was the opening speaker. He gave a very good speech, but unfortunately, he had to leave early to attend a baseball game...really?

Gila Trout, Apache Trout and Rio Grande Cutthroat are the three native trout in the Arizona and New Mexico area.

Some of these fish inhabit as little as 5% of their previous habitat, and 25% is a fairly typical figure...very sad.

That being said, several hatcheries are actively raising these fish, not just for replanting them in their previous native streams, but some are being raised to be stocked into local lakes for put and take fishing.

Anyway, it was a very interesting morning and I wished I could've stayed for the afternoon session. No, I didn't have to go to a baseball game.

I'm curious if there was anyone else from this site who was there and what your thoughts were.

Cheers, Rick