Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Amazing Day in Reno

sounds amazing....
    Way to go
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

I figured with the weather the way its been there might have been a hatch this weekend also, but been down with the flu and could not get out this weekend. hopefully next weekend.

Gotta start carrying a rod and waders with me.

d

3. Default Re: Amazing Day in Reno

Didn't hear about a hatch this weekend. Gave a try down at Hinkson Slough near Yerington though. They were hitting nicely. 10-12" rainbows until about 10am ... then it all stopped dead. But it was fun while it lasted.

BWO hatches have been going off lately when there has been a couple days of warm weather following these cold blasts. The seem to be going off around 1 pm or so when the weather hits 45 or higher. I am not a bug person, just relaying what I saw and what I have heard. Maybe one of the guys or gals on here that know more about winter hatches can enlighten us on the specifics of when and why. I talked to the guys via email at the RFS after the hatch that started this thread, and they said it was not uncommon, but not predicatable during the winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12