Utah access law?

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember hearing about the Utah court ruling last summer. Now it doesn't surprise me the wealthy Utah land owners are trying to push trough a bill to negate the previous court ruling. Sure hope they are not successful!

Now I just wish CO and WY would follow suit, but as far as WY it will be very difficult to get something like passed as the legislature is run by wealthy ranchers.

Larry

Joni

Reaction score
Thank you Jackster. I made my call this morning and I sure hope it doesn't fall on def ears.

This thing has gotten way out of hand. Now maybe they are doing this in hopes we will settle for half. I know I won't! Kinda like when GAS jumped to $4.+ then then dropped it to $2.80+. Allot of people were happy with that, but we should have been paying $1. something instead. Now they cap off because we AREN'T USING ENOUGH!

That is what I am seeing with this bill. It is OUR RIGHT and OUR LAND under the water.
All here from UTAH, please make the call!

mojo

Reaction score
Jack and all you who value your rights. Here's a pdf of the crap bill. Hopefully it won't pass. Apparently Ferry said about the opposition- "He's not worried about 4,000 fly fishers." If this bill passes, other interested parties could be contacting your state legislators with something similar. Something smells fishy here. Anyone that is interested can contact the Utah Governors office and email him. So far, he's been on the side of sportsman and a great gov.
The bill H. B. 187 http://le.utah.gov/~2009/bills/hbillint/hb0187.pdf

Governor Huntsman's office
Governor Jon M. Huntsman Jr.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Mojo,
I'm a little slow today, and possibly a bit blind also. lol I just looked through the link you provided and I did not see what exactly they want to change. Help me out here and tell me what their agenda is.

mojo

Reaction score
Mojo,
I'm a little slow today, and possibly a bit blind also. lol I just looked through the link you provided and I did not see what exactly they want to change. Help me out here and tell me what their agenda is.
You have to read the whole bill. They're talking 14 (streams) waters only to be open.
SL Tribune has an article on it today also.
Bill would limit fishing ground access - Salt Lake Tribune
From KSL
ksl.com - Bill would close many Utah riverbeds to recreation

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Thanks Mojo.
14 rivers? as you said; "Something smells fishy here".

The Rep is from Corinne, that explains a lot. lol

Jackster

Reaction score
Thanks Mojo.
14 rivers? as you said; "Something smells fishy here".
Only 14 rivers. I would be concerned for sure. It reminds of 'can we please have just a little corner of all restaurants for non-smokers'?
Once their foots in the door, ain't no stopping 'em! :banned:

Joni

Reaction score
YAHOOO!!! Now we have to get serious about keeping it and getting some good representation for this kind of thing, so Ferry can't try to pull a rabbit out of a hat...AGAIN!