Trout fishing in southern Utah

tankerchief

Reaction score
Just got back from a weeks vacation in southern Utah; and after about a 30 second discussion with my wife, there is a serious consideration of moving to the area when we retire in the next year or so. I grew up in northern Utah about 40 years ago; but spent little time in southern Utah.

Looking for information primarily in the Cedar City/Dixie National Forest area for starters. I know there is some good fishing in the lakes throughout the area. What about good producing streams? I know this was an exceptional year for snow pack so I don't want to judge stream flow based on what I saw last week.

Also, don't want to be a total snob so any information/advice on warm water fishing (not Lake Powell) will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

dryfter

Reaction score
There is the East fork of the Sevier River, north of Panguitch. Lee's ferry on the Colorado downstream from Glen Canyon dam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

auntrout

Reaction score
I have a trip planned to Lee's Ferry in early July for the cicada hatch and wanted to extended the trip to try some new waters in Southern UT. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Looking for a guided trip, preferably a walk and wade type trip. Thanks.