Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Brown Trout Bounty Lees Ferry

Brown trout in the colorado river at lees ferry will soon have a reward on their heads. Anglers will get paid to catch and kill them out of the river. Fishing them out instead of mechanical removal is the preferred method of local tribal beliefs.

National Park Service Plan Approved to Protect Native Aquatic Species in the Colorado River - Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ut/3948851002/
    steve

Default Re: Brown Trout Bounty Lees Ferry

The Dam is invasive as well. Using National Park service rational, it should be removed as well.

Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wyoming at different times of the year .

Lets see , the brown was introduced almost 100 years ago and that chub is still around . Hmm , sounds really bad for a fish no one has a use for . I have never seen one myself so I wont miss it however I will miss the Brown trout once it is gone . Personally I will release every BT I catch there as well as any other trout . Does the chub bite on flys ? Is it big enough to eat ? Whats it taste like ? Hmmm. lol

4. Likes jeepster II, benglish liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jangles View Post
    Lets see , the brown was introduced almost 100 years ago and that chub is still around . Hmm , sounds really bad for a fish no one has a use for . I have never seen one myself so I wont miss it however I will miss the Brown trout once it is gone . Personally I will release every BT I catch there as well as any other trout . Does the chub bite on flys ? Is it big enough to eat ? Whats it taste like ? Hmmm. lol
    That's right ron. I suspect most of us will c&r any brown like any other trout. However I would like to know more about the cultural side of this and would not want to go against any blessings that were performed for this project to protect the chub. As I read it increased angling opportunities like guided tournaments will take its toll. Not us. Could be 40-50 boats on the water.
    steve

I suspect the bounty will have about as much success as the effort to remove rainbows from the South Fork of the Snake River.

Fish and Game Offers Bounty on Rainbow Trout | Idaho Fish and Game
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

7. Likes jangles, jeepster II liked this post
    Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wyoming at different times of the year .

Quote Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
    I suspect the bounty will have about as much success as the effort to remove rainbows from the South Fork of the Snake River.

Fish and Game Offers Bounty on Rainbow Trout | Idaho Fish and Game
    I read that article you posted the link to . I know it was an older article but that smelled of a first class con game to me . lol . I'd be interested to know of anyone that actually got a check .