Looking like spring is almost here!

Curtis

Reaction score
Well, Spring is officially about three weeks old but you would not have known it by the weather lately. Looking like we might be into a good trend in the near future though. We will be blown out on most streams for a little while as we have a LOT of water on the mountains ready come down right now. It should be a good year though as most of our reservoirs will fill back up and the streams will finally get a much needed run off flush. Some of the streambed vegetation is a couple years old now and needs to be flushed. Can't wait for the season to really get going. The BWO's are really showing up right now and when I was out this last week, I saw some of the stones getting out on the rocks and getting ready to do their thing. Pretty soon will be the Cicada "hatch" on our Green river which is always something to look forward to. I am hoping also that some of these million strong "herds" of mormon crickets make it to the Green river corridor this year. It has been quite a few years since they fell into the gorge and it is amazing when they do. Looking toward the blanket caddis hatches on the Weber river and the Giant salmonfly hatch on the Ogden and Blacksmith fork rivers and hopefully we will see the Green Drakes on the Provo. Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmm Mmm, I love the dry fly seasons.

Anyway, how is it looking around your neck of the woods????

drifli

Reaction score
Warm??? Come on Fishy, it has been down right chilly! Dropped into the mid 50's this morning, almost had a chill while drinking my coffee on the porch with shorts and t-shirt and no shoes. Come on summer!! Tired of being cold all the time.

Curtis

Reaction score
Yeah, come on up next January and we can show you what a chill is. Try going fishing and your line turning in to an ice cube every time you cast and ice building in the guides that you have to chip out every five minutes. But it does tend to benefit these fine rivers we be fishin here and the big trout we be catchin. Good trade off.

drifli

Reaction score
A little sarcasm gentlemen! Done the frozen guide thing many a time. It has been absolutely gorgeous here in Tucson. Can't beat sprintime in the desert. Moving to northern NM next month, will get to do the cold weather thing again, also went to college in Flagstaff so I remember cold. Not too fond of it, but what the heck, more trout in the mountains than in the desert.

Curtis

Reaction score
Yeah, you couldn't handle it! It takes a real man with TESTOSTERONE to handle the cold!!!

Uggh Me Man!

tightlines57

Reaction score
I lived in the midwest for about 35 years, tired of my testosterone freezing. That's why I moved south.

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Curtis said:
Yeah, you couldn't handle it! It takes a real man with TESTOSTERONE to handle the cold!!!

Uggh Me Man!
the only reason you dont freeze in the winter is because methane doesnt freeze.:icon_lol: