Rocky Point Mexico

djergensen

Reaction score
Hey Yall...

I will be heading down to Rocky Point Mexico for the week of March 21-28th... I have been looking into bringing my inflatable pontoon boat and fishing near shore outside of the break. I have literally never Ocean fished... So I am not sure what my learning curve is. Can I basically go putz around off the shore and strip ocean patterns (shrimp, minnows, crab, etc) and catch fish? Anyone ever been there and have some advice for me? Time of day, how many fish should I expect to catch... anything?

Thanks for the advice!

Feel free to PM if you would rather share that way.

kc7air

Reaction score
How did it go? I just registered here but I got some info from another forum about Rocky Pt. I waded into the estuary (aka De Marua or, "the first estuary") last November 2014 (Thanksgiving). Never been before, got their late and missed the tide. No hits. Tried the north side around some low tide rocks. Got hits from small cabrilla in the overhangs. Tied on a clouser minnow (streamer), chartreuse.
Let me know, I can find an old link to some Arizona float tube guys that fish just off the shore along Old Town and Playa Las Conchas down to the estuary.
Cheers, Patrick