Green River and Sea Eagle 10

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
I am just back from a trip to Idaho where using my pontoon was a disaster to say the least altho it was my first time with it . I am planning on the Green next Sept and am looking for some advice , any advice ! I cant afford a guide so this is NOT on the table .

The vessel I am thinking hard about for this float trip is the Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 . It seems to fit the bill for me and is very affordable . Any opinions on this raft / boat for the Green ? TIA .

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
Looks sturdy and tough, but may be a bit steep on the price .. or not.
I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
http://rubberboats.com/product/inflatable-mariner-4-rigid-inflatable-boat.html
Thanks for the reply . I know this is lame but I don't like the color and it's twice as heavy as the Sea Eagle . :D

That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.

I will be using it below the Gorge . I have experience with rowing boats , just not that pontoon I have , thus I'm either selling it or dedicating it to the small lakes we have in the mountains around here . Also I will have my buddy with me that is very experienced in pontoons, rafts etc . He was with me in the trip I mentioned and he had NO problem at all with his p[, me, I hit every boulder in the river and lived !:eek: Mostly I wanted to know if people here thought it is tough enough for the Green River , all the way down . Thx for the replies .

Last edited:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

racine

Reaction score
I floated the Green on the 17th and she was running around 3000cfs-roughly double what the guides expected this time of year. It was very manageable with an experienced guide though I would be hesitant never navigating the tricky sections-class 3?? Best to do this with one familiar to help you. An experienced fellow pontoon fisher cancelled when his partner cancelled. Look at it like your diving or hunting buddy. Good luck!