The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Western U.S. Arizona, Utah, and Nevada. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 08-06-2017, 02:06 PM

jangles is on a distinguished road
Default Green River and Sea Eagle 10

I am just back from a trip to Idaho where using my pontoon was a disaster to say the least altho it was my first time with it . I am planning on the Green next Sept and am looking for some advice , any advice ! I cant afford a guide so this is NOT on the table .

The vessel I am thinking hard about for this float trip is the Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 . It seems to fit the bill for me and is very affordable . Any opinions on this raft / boat for the Green ? TIA .
Old 08-06-2017, 02:29 PM

westcoast has a spectacular aura aboutwestcoast has a spectacular aura aboutwestcoast has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Green River and Sea Eagle 10

Looks sturdy and tough, but may be a bit steep on the price .. or not.
I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
http://rubberboats.com/product/infla...able-boat.html
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes jangles liked this post
Old 08-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
I mostly fish lakes and have been using this boat for the last 3 years. It's exceeded my expectations so far.
http://rubberboats.com/product/infla...able-boat.html
Thanks for the reply . I know this is lame but I don't like the color and it's twice as heavy as the Sea Eagle .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
That looks like a very nice raft. If your talking about floating the Green in Wyoming that would work just fine. Below Fontenelle the water is pretty flat and perfect for a beginner to learn to row a raft or other vessel. I wouldn't recommend floating the Green below Flaming Gorge until you have some time on the oars and feel confident in maneuvering the raft. If you want more details let me know.

I will be using it below the Gorge . I have experience with rowing boats , just not that pontoon I have , thus I'm either selling it or dedicating it to the small lakes we have in the mountains around here . Also I will have my buddy with me that is very experienced in pontoons, rafts etc . He was with me in the trip I mentioned and he had NO problem at all with his p[, me, I hit every boulder in the river and lived ! Mostly I wanted to know if people here thought it is tough enough for the Green River , all the way down . Thx for the replies .

Last edited by jangles; 08-06-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:39 AM

westcoast has a spectacular aura aboutwestcoast has a spectacular aura aboutwestcoast has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangles View Post
Thanks for the reply . I know this is lame but I don't like the color and it's twice as heavy as the Sea Eagle .
Makes sense, sadly green boats always cost more, and everyone knows that the lighter the boat the more stable it is.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney, jangles liked this post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Green River and Sea Eagle 10

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Only $249 (Sold Here)
Only 'problem' I have with the boat is 'they' call this a four man raft ... FORGETABOUTTHAT. Two maybe but not four with gear.

fae
Likes westcoast, mcnerney liked this post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Only 'problem' I have with the boat is 'they' call this a four man raft ... FORGETABOUTTHAT. Two maybe but not four with gear.

fae
For sure, I think they measure by Asian standards. Just like a 3 man tent is actually only suitable for 1.
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Makes sense, sadly green boats always cost more, and everyone knows that the lighter the boat the more stable it is.
I bought it last night . It was made for the Green , thats why it's Green and because it's lighter it shipped cheaper .

Last edited by jangles; 08-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:03 PM

racine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of lightracine is a glorious beacon of light

I floated the Green on the 17th and she was running around 3000cfs-roughly double what the guides expected this time of year. It was very manageable with an experienced guide though I would be hesitant never navigating the tricky sections-class 3?? Best to do this with one familiar to help you. An experienced fellow pontoon fisher cancelled when his partner cancelled. Look at it like your diving or hunting buddy. Good luck!