Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: An imaginative son

This is for your son Randy

Randy, please send us a picture of your first fish on the fly you made. And if you will write us a small letter with the picture (you have to type it ) I will send you some cool stuff to tie flys with.

Have your dad PM me with your address if you post a picture and type a small letter.

GOOD LUCK

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Thanks Mike and Dave,

MIke, I looked at the Redington 9' 5wt combo last weekend and nearly bought it. My wife had reservations about buying Randy a rod for his Birthday. I did some sly questioning to Randy, basicaly asking him which one would he like to get for his birthday. It turns out he is expecting to get an AirSoft Rifle. So we chose to get him the rifle. Christmas is coming up...

Dave, I think your post will really fire him up. Last week he asked me if anyone replied to this thread recently. There wasn't any new replies at the time. I'll let him read what you posted. I betcha that'll get him going!

He been watching me tie some flies and he came up to me a couple days ago and said that he has decided to take a "little" instruction from me. He used the "little"... Haha. He doesn't want to be too influenced on how to do something. He likes to figure things out for himself and come up with his own ideas.

I read the book "Pocket Water: Confessions of a Restless Angler" by William G. Tapply recently and he talks about just letting kids figure things out on their own. So I'm taking that advice.

Dave
    There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them.
    -Jim Croce-

After he catches a fish on it cut it off and save it. Have him tie a couple more to take with him. He needs to keep his first fly he caught a fish on. I still have My first fly I caught a trout on. I caught several on it and got scared I would lose it so I cut it off and put another on.
    Okiemountaineer

Quote Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
    After he catches a fish on it cut it off and save it. Have him tie a couple more to take with him. He needs to keep his first fly he caught a fish on. I still have My first fly I caught a trout on. I caught several on it and got scared I would lose it so I cut it off and put another on.
    Thanks JCW! I like that...
    There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them.
    -Jim Croce-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12