Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is lars i am 13 ive been flytying for 5 years i am a self taught fly tier fly fisherman now i am teaching my dad to fly fish and im wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper euro nymph setup?

2. Likes Rip Tide, iv_wjb liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello

Hi Lars and welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you and your father can share time fly fishing. I'm by no means an expert on Euro-nymphing, but I'm sure others that are more experienced then I am will help you out.

Denny

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, Lars. I, too am not an expert on Euro-nymphing, but as Denny said, I'm sure there will be several member along to help.

steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

Try an Echo Base 4 weight in at least 9 foot, 10 or more is better. The rod is fire and the reel is a cheapish plastic one. It's 170 or so for the whole setup- rod, reel, line, leader. It was my first, and I still fish it occasionally- great rod. The reel can be replaced with a better one later on if he likes it.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

8. Likes mcnerney, jfh245 liked this post